July 31, 2009

Gloria's Story



Dear Educare-Africa,
Where do I start from? Who says there are no miracles or that miracles were of the past? God has used you to show His powers to me, my family and my schoolmates. God is wonderful and He uses but a fellow human being to manifest His glory. May you be blessed.
It all started when I got into Form one in the G.S.S. Tatum then. Life wasn't easy for my family and I. Things were so bad that I could not get a pen for a hundred francs (about 20 cents). I thought I was going to drop out for the fact that we could not afford food in our house.
When I reached Form three in 1996, God sent us a guardian angel, a Peace Corps teacher, Madam Pavla Zakova and a few years later an NGO, Educare-Africa, that Madam Pavla started after her Peace Corps, in 2000. Oh God, thank you! I have tears of joy in my eyes right now as I am writing this to you.
If I am able to read and write today, able to serve my community and country, it is thanks to Educare-Africa. I do not really know where to start or end. Thank you very much!
It started with pens and continued with books, school fees, housing and other essential school related needs. It was not only the material assistance but also the spiritual and moral support.
Right now, I serve as a librarian in the Nkum Council Public Library. Whatever I am able to do now as far as education is concerned, all I have to say is thank God for Educare-Africa through our dear mother Madam Pavla.
So, with my GCE Ordinary and Advance Level, I wish to tell you people that if not for you in the name of God and His will, I couldn't have achieved all these goals. I do pray that you continue in that loving spirit for it is only our Creator Who will reward you for your good work. Whatever I am today and will be tomorrow I will always say it is you and will always pray that what you did to me shall be done to others as well. With your good example, I am able to help two of my younger ones in school. Thank you Educare-Africa for your inspiration.
May you be blessed.
Njoben Gloria Mainimo