July 28, 2009

Educare-Africa, My Mother


Oh sweet Mother, don't cry
it has been a wonderful journey
Console yourself your children are mature
You will soon reap the fruit of your labor
And like your self, we will have many children
Three children, four children, five children.

Together you taught us the lessons of life
Now we can see people with the loving eyes of God.
That there is no difference between us.
All of us from every nation are one.
And together like a great army
We can form a strong chain of love and support.
It did not kill you as you toiled day and night.

Looking for food to nourish your tender ones.
Now I know, No one dies from being good.
It doesn;t kill to share with the neighbor.
Neither does it in doing a kindness.
It brings a wonderful blessing of joy.
You have shown to us all it takes to be fulfilled
You shared our loving moments, sad moments,
happy...
What a loving mother you remain to us.
We wish to remain children but
We need to go out to the world
And bring forth your grandchildren
So you see your labor has not been in vain.
Beatrice
I am Ngong Beatrice Kernyuy, a third level mathematics student in the University of Yaounde I, found in Cameroon. I am 23 years of age and the 1st in a fmaily of four. My parents Mr./Mrs. Ngong Vitalis live in a small village in Bui Division. I grew up with them together with my younger ones who now are in the secondary and primary schools.
Being where I am today is a miracle. It amazes me whenever I look back and see what God has been doing to me especially through Educare-Africa.
During my secondary education, I had scholarships where some of my school needs were brought and other offers from friends and relatives. One beautiful day in form five, I had a prize from Mrs. Pavla Zakova-Laney as the best female science student. It was my first time meeting Madam Pavla. Little did I know that the story of my life was about to change that year. I passed the ordinary level GCE exams in 11 papers with good grades and was the best in our center. A year later I had a prize from Mrs. Chantal Biya, the 1st lady of the republic. I was encouraged and excited as I traveled to Yaounde, the capital of our country for the 1st time.
While in lower sixth, I met some students from Tatum who had been with Madam Pavla. Celsius, a very good friend and brother invited me to meet her during her annual visit to Cameroon. I had the opportunity to talk with her later and I explained how the gift had encouraged me. Madam decided to assist me together with my parents. In addition, I benefited from Educare-Africa mobile library. In upper sixth, I was given money to register the entrance examinations into professional schools. I succeeded in the Advanced Teacher Training Exam where I have benn in the last three years for studies.
Educare-Africa, my mother, has been there always. I had the opportunity of having a kind and generous sponsor, Ms. Marian Angele. Also, while at ENS Bambili, I was blessed by staying with Dr. Frida Sunjo from whom I learned many lessons of life. Educare-Africa has touched all parts of my life. I appreciate them all many of whom I have not met but who are out there concerned about our needs. Ms. Marian sends me stories, funds for my educational needs and encourages me. I learnt so much from her life and her own experiences. I never dreamt that I would live like other children, go to school and have a job.
Here I am today, just graduated from the Teachers Training School, and by God's grace in a little while I will be posted by the state to teach. I have been lifted from nothing to something. I owe Educare-Africa so much abd I believe soon I shall do to others what they have done to me. It is really a wonderful experience to live, love and be loved unconditionally. It has been an amazing time never to be forgotten. Fresh memories remain in me and some day will yield many blessings for others.
Love you all,
Beatrice